Public Comment Period Board Meetings
East Bank Office: Beginning March 23, 2020, this office is closed until further notice. If you need assistance please call 504-364-2730 or email email@example.com
Joseph S. Yenni Building
1221 Elmwood Park Blvd., Suite 206
Jefferson, LA 70123
Phone: (504) 736-6364
Fax: (504) 736-6368
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
(Closed 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.)
West Bank Office (Main Office)
General Government Building
200 Derbigny St., Suite 3100
Gretna, LA 70053
Phone: (504) 364-2730
Fax: (504) 365-3320
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
JEFFERSON PARISH PERSONNEL BOARD
Statement of Policy: Public Comment Period during Board Meetings
It is the policy of the Jefferson Parish Personnel Board to provide a Public Comment Period at all Board meetings in accordance with the Louisiana Open Meetings Law.
- Public comments shall be limited to the agenda items upon which a vote is to be taken at that meeting, and the Public Comment Period shall consist of a singular period scheduled prior to action by the Board on the agenda items upon which a vote is to be taken.
- Persons wishing to comment during the Public Comment Period shall sign their names on the attached register and identify the agenda item(s) on which they intend to comment.
- The Board will allow up to three (3) minutes each for up to three (3) speakers, both Pro and Con, on each agenda item upon which a vote is to be taken at that meeting.
- The Board reserves the right to add to the number of speakers or to the allotted time as the circumstances dictate.
- To maximize the time for all speakers, the Board also reserves the right to limit the time of any speaker who is merely repeating what has been said by a previous speaker.
- In the event that a large number of speakers intend to comment on a single agenda item, the Board reserves the right to request they select one or more representative speakers to speak for the group.
- All comments shall be made respectfully, without any vulgarity or personal attacks on any individual.
- The Public Comment Period shall not be a question and answer session wherein the members of the public ask questions and/or demand answers of the Board or public employees.
- The Board shall take actions necessary to uphold this Public Comment policy and maintain order and decorum in the meeting.