1221 Elmwood Pk. Blvd., Suite 315
Jefferson, LA 70123
P: (504) 736-6907
F: (504) 736-6828
The Department of Risk Management functions as the "Insurance" department for Jefferson Parish. The department's overall objective is to protect Jefferson Parish against the financial consequences of accidental loss. To meet this objective the department strives to identify potential sources of exposure to risk and attempts to minimize that exposure.
The following lists some examples through which our objective of minimizing exposure to risk is accomplished:
- Recommending employee safety programs to reduce the number and minimize the severity of on-the-job accidents
- Recommending safety standards for parish-owned property to minimize the number of accidents involving public visitors.
- Purchasing insurance coverage sufficient to adequately repair or replace parish-owned property in the event of a loss.
- Overseeing the Third Party Administrator's handling of liability claims brought against Jefferson Parish.
Five Most Frequently Asked Questions:
- Just what is "Risk Management"?
- What do I have to do to file a claim?
- Do I need to get a lawyer?
- How long will it take before I get paid?
- My claim has been denied. What do I do now?
1. Just what is "Risk Management"?
Risk Management is Jefferson Parish's "Insurance" department.
2. What do I have to do to file a claim?
Notify the appropriate department of your "complaint" and we will do the rest.
3. Do I need to get a lawyer?
No. The vast majority of claims made against Jefferson Parish are concluded on a personal "one-on-one" basis.
4. How long will it take before I get paid?
Most claims are paid within thirty (30) days after we receive them.
5. My claim has been denied. What do I do now?
If you believe your claim was unjustly denied you may ask to be reconsidered with additional supportive evidence or you may wish to consult legal counsel.