Matthew Villio, Director
The Department of Juvenile Services (DJS) is a division of Jefferson Parish government. Its mission is to provide supervision and rehabilitation to troubled youth and their families residing within the confines of Jefferson Parish who have come to the attention of the Jefferson Parish Juvenile Court. Consequently, DJS provides services to both delinquent and status offenders. Additionally, DJS is funded by a 10 year dedicated millage, a 3.5 mill ad valorem property tax, which was renewed in 2018, for the purposes of planning, developing, expanding, acquiring, constructing, improving, and maintaining or operating present and future detention facilities and all other related Juvenile Services department facilities and services.
The Department's major functions include . . .
- Juvenile Assessment / Intake Center
- Evaluation and Treatment Services
- Probation Supervision
- Secure Detention Services
- To protect the community from delinquency . . .
- To impose accountability for offenses committed . . .
- To equip juvenile offenders with the necessary competencies to live productively
and responsibly in the community.
|Justice is best served when the community, victim, and youth receive balanced attention, and all gain tangible outcomes from their interaction with the Department of Juvenile Services.|
Department of Juvenile Services Administration Office & Westbank Probation Office
1546-B Gretna Boulevard
Harvey, Louisiana 70058
(504) 364-3750 / (504) 364-3719 fax
Eastbank Probation Office
3420 North Causeway Boulevard
Metairie, Louisiana 70002
(504) 838-1070 / (504) 838-1089 fax