Eric Chi, Director
J. P. General Government Building
200 Derbigny St., 4th Floor, Suite 4200
Gretna, LA 70053
Phone: (504) 364-2777
It is the responsibility of the Accounting Department to provide accurate up-to-date financial reports and to ascertain that expenditures of all Parish departments are within the limitations of the adopted budget.
- Preparation and distribution of payroll checks
- Preparation and distribution of checks to vendors supplying goods and services to Parish departments and payments to paying agents for all outstanding debts.
- Billing and collection of Lien Ordinances for Paving, Sewerage and Water.
- Coordination of accounting activities with other departments and divisions through technical assistance and informational reporting.
- Preparation of comprehensive annual financial report by staff in conjunction with outside auditing firms.
- Preparation of analytical reports as requested by management.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How can I get a copy of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report?
The current year report can be found on the left-hand sidebar or a copy can be obtained by calling (504) 364-2777 and requesting one.
How do I get a new check? I lost mine.
The department requires a written statement of the lost check.
Why did I not receive my check?
If an expected check has not been received contact Accounts Payable (504) 364- 2790.
Why is the check I received a different amount than the invoice I sent?
Accounts Payable can answer. In most cases the answer is: The difference is because of taxes billed to the Parish which is tax-exempt.
Where do I mail my bill?
Any mail should be sent to Jefferson Parish Accounting Dept. P.O. Box 9 Gretna LA 70054-0009.