HOME Developer Program
HOME Developer Program (Currently Closed to New Developer Applications Until Further Notice)
HOME Developer projects may be one or more buildings on a single site, or multiple sites that are under common ownership, management, and financing. The project must be assisted with HOME funds under a single undertaking. The project includes all activities associated with the site or building. HOME funds may be used to assist mixed-income projects but only HOME eligible tenants may occupy HOME-assisted units.
To meet the needs of the community, JPDCD prioritizes multifamily units. Specifically, to maintain neighborhood character, JPDCD prioritizes multifamily developments with less than 15 units per building.
JPDCD HOME funds for affordable housing development projects are only to provide gap financing. Potential developers must provide other funding sources to be considered.
Currently, there is no maximum project size.
Currently, there is no restriction on scattered site development.
Currently, JPDCD is accepting applications for new construction multifamily and single-family development.
- Deferred Forgivable Loans – Rental Projects
- Construction Subsidy Grants – Homeownership
- Conditional Awards – Other Projects as Approved by JPDCD
More information on the program can be found in the links below:
- 2020 Developer Application and Appendices (Updated 9-3-2020)
- 2020 Home Developer Rental Financial Workbook (Updated 9-3-2020)
- 2020 Home Developer Homeownership Financial Workbook (Updated 9-3-2020)
- JPDCD HOME Developer Application Submittal Guidelines
- Developer Policies and Procedures
- Developer Policies and Procedures Appendices
- Community Outreach Marketing Plan
- Notice of Funding Availability
- Frequently Asked Questions – JPDCD HOME Developer Program
- Frequently Asked Questions - JPDCD HOME Developer Program, Developer Inquiries
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org