Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
The Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) is a national service program, which works to match volunteers, age 55 and older, with local volunteer opportunities at partner agencies (i.e., hospitals, food banks, government buildings, community centers and senior centers, military posts, and faith-based locations). The goal of RSVP is to provide seniors the opportunity to volunteer and make a difference in their local communities through service within various focus areas. Jefferson Community Action Programs (JeffCAP) sponsors the Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) for Jefferson Parish.
Looking to volunteer but not sure where to start?
JeffCAP RSVP has partnerships with more than 25 different partner agencies throughout Jefferson Parish and hundreds of volunteer opportunities. Contact our office and speak to the RSVP Coordinator so we can discover your passions and skills and help place you in an impactful and fulfilling role.
RSVP'S FOUR FOCUS AREAS INCLUDE: HEALTHY FUTURES, DISASTER PREPAREDNESS, ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY, AND COMMUNITY NEEDS. VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Help alleviate food insecurity in the community be assisting at food banks
- Tutor and mentor children in local schools
- Instruct financial literacy classes for students
- Deliver or serve meals to seniors
- Work with Veterans and their families
- Educate the community on disaster preparedness
- Be an program instructor
- Become a knitting/crochet instructor
- Work in a local community garden
- Work as clerical support at a local community center
- Special RSVP projects
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY? READY TO GET INVOLVED?
JOIN RSVP TODAY!
Click on the links below to find out more about the JeffCAP RSVP program.