Jefferson Parish Twitter Disclaimer
Please be aware that when engaging with Jefferson Parish over social media, you are agreeing to the following:
Commenting on a Jefferson Parish Social Media Site: Jefferson Parish agencies share information, images and video with the public through external social media websites. Comments made by the public to these sites are reviewed and, while comments will not be edited by Parish personnel, we reserve the right at all times (but will not have an obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any content in violation of the Jefferson Parish comment policy described herein.
- Comments should be related to the topic of the Parish’s posts. Jefferson Parish agency social media accounts are not meant for comments that do not directly relate to the purpose or topic of the social media website or for service requests. For general comments or communications concerning a department or service requests, please refer to the official parish website: www.jeffparish.net.
- You are subject to the Terms of Service (TOS) of the host site. Information (photos, videos, etc.) you share with or post to Jefferson Parish pages is also subject to the TOS of the host site and may be used by the owners of the host site for their own purposes. For more information, consult the host website’s TOS.
- Jefferson Parish social media accounts are not open to comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office, or promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
- The use of obscene, threatening or harassing language is prohibited.
- Personal attacks of any kind or offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, age, religious group, gender, sexual orientation or disability status are prohibited.
- Comments advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others are prohibited.
- This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.
User Created Content: Users are welcome to submit or post content, including photographs and videos, to an official Jefferson Parish site where the agency allows users to post content, the content meets the standards articulated in this customer use policy and pertains to the subject of the social media site. Users may only post their own, original content. Reproduced or borrowed content that reasonably appears to violate third party rights will be deleted.
Although every effort has been made to provide complete and accurate information, Jefferson Parish makes no warranties, express or implied, or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, content, currency, suitability and timeliness of the information provided. Jefferson Parish assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information contained in the website or the operation of the website. By using this website, you assume all risks associated with this use. Jefferson Parish expressly disclaims any liability for any special, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, resulting from the use or misuse of the information contained on this website. This site is not regularly monitored, please contact 911 in the case of an emergency.
Jefferson Parish reserves all rights relating to the Parish Twitter account including, but not limited to, all rights to add, remove or modify any content or material posted on the account, discontinue the account, and respond to any questions or comments addressed to the account. However, Jefferson Parish shall not have any obligation to delete or destroy any information posted by the Parish or any other user on the Parish Twitter account.
Reasonable Accommodation: To request a reasonable accommodation when accessing Jefferson Parish social media sites, please contact the Office of Citizen’s Affairs by calling 504.736.6100.
Questions or Concerns: Questions or concerns regarding Jefferson Parish’s social media activity, the Parish’s social media policy and/or this customer use policy should be directed to the Jefferson Parish Public Information Office.