Vehicle for Hire/Taxi - Procedures and Policies
East Bank Office
Joseph S. Yenni Building
1221 Elmwood Park Blvd., Suite 203
Jefferson, LA 70123
Phone: (504) 736-6961
Fax: (504) 736-4423
West Bank Office
1855 Ames Blvd., Suite A
Marrero, LA 70072
Phone: (504) 364-3505
To File a Complaint please click HERE.
A permit is required to operate a Vehicle for Hire within Jefferson Parish.
The application form may be access online at Vehicle for Hire/Taxi - Application Form.
· Application for Vehicle for Hire or Taxi must be FULLY completed.
· Copy of current Business Resolution
· Copy of current Jefferson Parish Occupational License.
· Date and State of company formation.
· Proof authorized to do business in Louisiana and active with the Louisiana Secretary of State.
· Information on 3rd Party performing driver background checks with details on methodology used in certifying the drivers.
· A descriptive illustration of the distinctive signage that will be displayed.
· Means and methodology used to charge passengers and the standard rates for Vehicles for Hire.
· A company website must be established and meet minimum requirements as noted in Chapter 38-16.
· Copy of the companies adopted policy on non-discrimination.
· Proof of Vehicle Registration
· Proof of Insurance.
· Certificate of calibration of taxi-meter (taxis).
· Metered vehicles must have their vehicle inspected at TransDev prior to submitting their application.(includes valid brake tag, meter calibration and vehicle lettering)
· Return completed application to:
Property Maintenance/Zoning/Quality of Life Department
1221 Elmwood Park Blvd., Suite 210
Jefferson, LA, 70123
between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
· Make money order payable to: Jefferson Parish Pooled Cash $10,000 or $250.00 per vehicle.