Garage Sale Permit Application Instructions and Regulations
East Bank Office
Joseph S. Yenni Building
1221 Elmwood Park Blvd., Suite 101
Jefferson, LA 70123
West Bank Office
1855 Ames Blvd., Suite A
Marrero, LA 70072
Garage Sale Permits may now be applied and paid for online through My Permit Now at https://www.mygovernmentonline.org/. Step-by-step instructions can be found here. If you need technical support when applying, please call My Permit Now at 1-866-957-3764.
GARAGE SALE REGULATIONS
Jefferson Parish Ordinance 18640 established that a permit is required in unincorporated Jefferson Parish for "garage, rummage, yard, craft, and boutiques sales". Regulations for conducting such sales include but are not limited to:
- Only 2 sales can be held at a particular location in any 12-month period.
- No signs are allowed on telephone poles, neutral grounds, or on any Parish right-of-way.
- Sale hours must be between 8:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M.
- Sales can last a maximum of 2 consecutive days.
- The Garage Sale Permit must be prominently posted on the front of the building at all times during the sale.
- A permit must be obtained for each sale.
- A $10, non-refundable administrative charge must be paid for each permit.